Sublingual Immunotherapy: Long Lasting, effective relief from allergies

Stop allergic symptoms of:

• Sneezing
• Itchy & burning eyes
• Post nasal drip
• Fatigue
• Hives


What is Sublingual Immunotherapy (SLIT)?

SLIT is an effective form of allergy desensitization therapy where the physician assesses your allergic sensitivity to either airborne or food allergies through skin testing or blood testing. Then, he or she creates personalized low dose allergen desensitization drops that the patient takes under their tongue.

“Sublingual immunotherapy can be used for both food and airborne allergies.”



How does SLIT work to treat allergies?

SLIT works by the same principles as allergy shots except they are delivered to your immune system by a different route…under your tongue. Low dose allergens, when delivered over time, create a desensitization effect on the specific antibodies active to your allergies resulting in relief of allergic symptoms.



How well established is SLIT for treatment of allergies?

SLIT is the standard of care for allergy treatment in Europe and is gaining popularity in the U.S.



Cristoforo Incorvaia, Simonetta Masieri, Patrizia Berto, Silvia Scurati, Franco Frati Specific immunotherapy by the sublingual route for respiratory allergy Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol. 2010; 6(1): 29.
Diego Saporta Efficacy of Sublingual Immunotherapy versus Subcutaneous Injection Immunotherapy in Allergic Patients Journal of Environmental and Public Health Volume 2012 (2012)
Morris MS, Lowery A, Theodoropoulos DS, Duquette RD, Morris DL Quality of life improvement with sublingual immunotherapy: a prospective study of efficacy. J Allergy (Cairo). 2012;2012
  • Disclaimer: The information in this website is for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical disorder. The Food and Drug Administration have not evaluated these statements. Any products mentioned within the website are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases. If you have a medical condition please consult your personal health care provider.